Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rhys: in Pieces (Part 2)

The latest and greatest things about Rhys:

  • is obsessed with phones. He has 2 old cell phones and an interactive Winnie the Pooh phone, but insists on talking on whichever phone we are on
  • has made crank calls to Uncle Paul, Grandpa Randall, Uncle Jeremy, and Bishop Moe using dad's cell when he wasn't looking
  • is very, very rhythmic. He loves to drum on everything and clap along to music, and he stays perfectly in time. He gets glued to the TV if something musical is on.

Using his cell phone to bang along to music on the radiator cover

  • still has barely any hair on the sides of his head, but tons on top and in back. I'm considering a full-blown mohawk...
  • plays so well by himself that I have to be sure I make time to play with him
  • just learned to push buttons on purpose, and now loves to drive me crazy by turning the air purifiers on and off
  • loves to share- offers his binky to all his stuffed animals and us
  • became best buds with Truman, my friend Liz's son who just turned 1. They pal around at church and Musikgarten, try to share sippy cups and binkies, and encourage each other to go exploring

        Trying to upstage each other- Truman won this round!

      • crawls at lightning speeds to get away from us so he can do something he knows he's not supposed to
      • keeps getting taller. A few weeks ago, he broke a vase I was positive was out of his reach- thankfully he wasn't hurt. He was actually quite thrilled with the accomplishment.
      • says "da-da", "ba-ba", "mm-mm", and "fuh-fuh" along with various other noises and babble-talk
      • still shamelessly flirts with people we meet in public
      • loves to suck in his cheeks to make a fishy face


      6 comments:

      Spendy said...

      LOVE the fishy face! What a doll!

      Brent and Emily said...

      he's so cute! can't wait to actually meet him someday! :)

      The Faucheux's said...

      What a cutie! I have not taken the time to catch up with the Mason blog in a while, and I'm so glad that I finally did! Little Rhys is getting so big. Your trip to Vegas sounds like a dream. And have fun in UT for the summer.

      Melanie said...

      He is really cute! Sounds like you may have a rockstar! Wouldn't that be fun!

      Liz Green said...

      What a cute picture of Truman and Rhys. I love the fishy face he makes.

      mid said...

      https://www.cekaja.com/info/7-cara-membuat-jebakan-tikus/