One of the questions I like least in my daily life is "What's for dinner?" I have serious issues when it comes to being the CEO of my family's day to day menus. The hardest part about feeling this way is that I absolutely LOVE to eat. If having a great meal every day wasn't so darn important to me, I could slap together just any old tasteless mess from a box and life would be so much simpler. But that's just not the case. I have to have flavor! I have to have nutrition and variety! I have to be able to prepare it in a kitchen the size of a coat closet! And I have to have all this without too much mental exertion!
That's a pretty tall order when you're staring down the barrel of a blank shopping list. And thus we come to the heart of the matter: My answer to "What's for dinner?" is "I really have no blankity-blank idea." I've tried searching the recipe sites for ideas. I've tried reading other people's recipe blogs. But the land of virtual menu planning proves to be much too vast and overwhelming for this little lost soul. I need something more focused. I need something from people like me who shrink from the idea of making meals containing 30 obscure ingredients and require kitchen gadgets you'd have to go to a Pampered Chef party to acquire.
So as necessity is the mother of invention, in the midst of this culinary stymie an idea has been born, the ingredients purchased and mixed, and a solution baked to perfection. I have started a new blog that invites desperate meal-makers within the sound of my voice to share dinner ideas and meal plans with each other (and thus by gloriously brilliant default-- with me)!
I now invite any of you who have not already been taken in by this wonderfully self-serving plan of mine, to join with the rest of us for the sake of improving our collectively impoverished palettes. And so, without further adieu, I give you...
1 comments:
Thanks for this site. SO fun! I am so tired of serving the same things over and over, and so is Bristol. :)
I just wanted to tell you about the Obama speech at our school. They banned it also, but the next week they showed it in the auditorium after school. I went to watch, and there were maybe 20 people there. It was weird. I will never understand people. Thanks for your post, and your amazing opinion!
Post a Comment