Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag Hag

My cousin Cami tagged me on her blog so here it is...

What is your husband's name? Am I supposed to call him something other than "Stable Boy?"

How long have you been married? "Four years, 2 months, 23 days. Actually 24 days if you're counting leap years." That's the response David gave just now when I asked him this question. Either marriage is really dragging for him, or I married a gigantic nerd...you be the judge.

How long did you date? We were "unofficially" engaged after about 2 weeks, and "officially engaged after 2 months. We got married almost exactly 5 months from the day we met.

How old is he? Dont' tell him I told you...29!!!

Who eats sweets? Both of us. It's actually becoming a big problem. One of his classmates leaned over to him at lunch the other day and said, "You have a real sweet tooth, don't you?" He was doing some testing at an elementary school and apparently he got noticeably excited when he saw the lunch ladies putting cookies on the trays...

Who said "I Love You" first? He did. I spent the weekend at his family's house about 2 weeks after we met. We'd already been talking about a future together and we'd both been wanting to say it for about a week, but his family's reaction to me was kind of the "final test" before we could fully commit (he'd already met my family and they were chomping at the bit to make him part of the clan). Anyway, I passed with flying colors --as a lot of you probably know, I fit into his family like I was born into it. The last morning we were there, he hid in the closet of the room I was staying in to scare me. When I walked in to get my purse, he jumped out and I screamed my head off. He hugged me and we laughed and laughed, and then he put his hands on the sides of my face, looked at me with a big smile and said "I love you!" Yay for memories!!

Who is taller? He's about 4 inches taller- which is PERFECT for me! I don't have to crank my neck to kiss him without shoes on, but I can still wear almost any heels I want to.

Who can sing best? David REALLY appreciates music and loves to listen to me sing. We'll leave it at that :)

Who is smarter? Hahahahahahahahahahaha....me.

Who does the laundry? Both of us used to. Now that we have to do it in the basement of our building, he does it for safety and childcare purposes (someone has to stay in the apartment with Rhys since we usually do it after he's asleep). It's really cute- our laundry bag is hot pink! I help fold and put away though ;)

Who pays the bills? Hahahahahahahahahahaha...me.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Currently David. I like to be on the side closest to the bathroom so I don't have as far to go in the middle of the night.

Who mows the lawn? the New York City public landscaping people...

Who cooks dinner? the New York City foodmaking people... But I sure think about making it quite often and I do give it the good ol' college try now and then. David cooks for us whenever he's home and has italian ingredients.

Who drives? the New York City transportation people...

Who is the first to admit they are wrong? the New York City...ok I'll stop now. We're both pretty good at admitting we're wrong when we know we're wrong. David just knows he's wrong a lot more often. (editor's note: David would like the record to reflect that after a year of hearing that, he started keeping track and is actually right 94% of the time)

Who kissed who first? A couple of days before our first kiss, we got really close to kissing. But I told David that it was important to me to take things slow. He agreed to take things at whatever pace I was comfortable with. On our first "official" date he took me to a rugby game- BYU vs. UVSC (at the beginning of the week he asked me out for Friday night, but we ended up spending every day together until then...so I'm really not as easy as it sounds when I say it was our first date). During the game it started to snow, you know the really beautiful sparkly fluffy snow that Utah is famous for? So of course, we had to cuddle to keep warm. The game was pretty close the whole time, but finally BYU pulled ahead and scored the winning try. We yelled and cheered and hugged and then he pulled me close and kissed me! Of course, by this time the snowflakes had "bedazzled" my eyelashes and I was all cute and pink so you really can't blame the boy. After I was good and kissed, he pulled away and said "Ok, we can go back to your pace now." So if you've ever wondered if I knew how much of a smart a** he was before I married him, now you know.

Who asked who out first? David for sure. I was DONE with guys who weren't man enough to really pursue me and lay their hearts on the line. With David, I never had to wonder for a second if he was interested, if he was going to call, or if I was the only girl in his life.

Who wears the pants? Honey, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy (at any rate, anyone that knows David knows how he feels about wearing pants).

How did you meet? At the mall. I worked in a tie store and he came in with his friend Joe looking for Italian ties. Later I saw them sitting outside the store pretending not to watch me and I knew one of them must think I was cute. After about a half hour, he came in and told me he was there to look at some more ties. After all my other customers cleared out, he said "Actually, I was lying about being interested in the ties. I really came back in to hit on you." I laughed and said, "Ok, go ahead." This flustered him, so he made up some joke about writing his line down on his hand so he wouldn't mess it up. Then he looked me in the eye and said "I think you're beautiful and I'd like to take you on a date so I can get to know you better." Like i said, I was DONE with lame-o non-committal guys so his upfront approach impressed the heck out of me. We talked for a few more minutes (in which he jokingly told me that he was already in love with me and that he wanted to marry me right then- finally a guy who could speak the words "love" and "marry" without having a seizure!) Anyway, as he walked away I had a really strong impression that he was the man I would marry.

Yay! That was actually a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Now I tag the following people:

Heidi- because I know how much it will annoy you AND because you said you didn't have anything interesting to blog about...be careful what you wish for (or at least what you tell me...ahaha)

Amanda- because I love reading your answers to these kinds of things. They make me very happy I know you :)

Wendy- because I don't think you really read my blog so now I've devised a trap for you! And if you do read it, then you'll have to start a blog too in order to avoid the awful curses that fall upon tag chain breakers

Lisa- because David and I just realized you and John are part of our first date story (unlike David who was busy making moves on the sidelines, John was actually playing in that game), and we don't know anything about how you guys met!

8 comments:

Jeremy said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's a good thing you put so many funny things in this blog to keep me from tearing up too much. Because if you ever make me cry from a blog, so help me...

You better believe I really did laugh AND appreciate many things in this blog. MANY things. And I forgive you for claiming that meeting the Masons was the final test, when we all know that a fateful night at Taco Bell was the REAL final test.

Lisa said...

As I was reading this I was thinking of the fact that we were part of your dating story. I still remember you guys coming to hear my band play and you two were just so dang in love!! Glad it's still working out for you :) Yes I will respond to your tag and fill you in on some of our story...

"The Landlord" said...

So, first date credit is all good and well, but where is Joe's and my credit for our part in your meeting in the first place!! I mean, you've got to give credit where credit is due! (just kidding!) But how about the fact that you guys only met because Joe and I were engaged, yet somehow you managed to get married before we did!! HAHA - good times! That was actually a tagging I enjoyed reading! Take care you three!

Wendy said...

You guys have some really cute stories, I had no idea that is how you met. Amen to dating a guy who knew what he wanted. Before my mission I dated guys that were totally non-committal and scared of any kind of relationship. When I returned I vowed I wouldn't give these guys the time of day. Luckily, Nate was the only one I had to date and I knew exactly where he stood, even before I knew. It was a great thing!
As part of his program there, do you get meals too, that is cool!

Morgan said...

ok, so i have to say that parts of your story are so perfect they could be from a movie. i think your story is pretty close to the way all girls invision meeting and dating their future spouse. the way he said "i love you" is just about the cutest thing in the world. and your first kiss... so cute! i had no idea dave was so honest and upfront. way to go dave! and way to go you for catching yourself an awesome guy! of course mine is better, but whatever! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Cami for getting you to write your "How we Met" story.

It really was a good Prince Charming enters Cinderella'a life tale.

Glad the Fairy Tale is continuing.

Mom

Tara said...

What a cute post! I found your blog through Morgan's. Oh, I love your kitchen (ette). I don't blame you for not cooking very much! I'm at jon-tara.blogspot.com.

Cecilia said...

that was so cute... i loved reading it all. and knowing that mason got such an amazing woman.