So David's parents gave us an awesome portable DVD player for Christmas, and were kind enough to send it before we flew to Utah for the break so we could use it during the first flight.
Now, like most parents, I cringe at the thought of my toddler engaging in more than a brief stint of educational TV per day. I suffer from a serious guilt complex on days when I'm sick and have to plop Rhys in front of back to back episodes of Sesame Street and Super Why just so I can find time to puke. But when it comes to a 6 hour plane ride across the country, smack dab in the middle of what would usually be nap time, I now say with a clear and happy conscience, "Bring on the virtual babysitter!!"
This is about 4 hours in...way past nap time. THE most enjoyable flights we've had since Rhys was born. Way to make frequent visits more likely, G & G Mason!

2 comments:
AMEN sister!! I totally agree about the "box" issue...and the hesitant gratitude that comes as they watch on the plane. Good to see your post and look forward to hearing more about your vacation. Thanks for the darling christmas card! It was so cute!! Happy new year to you!
We used one for Maisey on our last plane ride and it was like heaven!!!
Post a Comment