Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Please sir, can I have some more?"

So for the past week and a half, Rhys has been hungry all the time, and I mean ALL the time. We're talking nursing every hour all day long and not sleeping well at all. I figured it was just a normal growth spurt, I should feed him on demand and my supply would increase in a few days...no problem, right? Wrong. After the 8th day I realized the kid is just not getting enough from me. At his 4 month checkup, his doctor told me I could start him on a bowl of rice cereal a day, but I really wanted to hold out until after six months. Apparently, 8 days of feeling like a 24-hour dairy cow was enough to change my oh-so-noble convictions. Although seeing the "end result" of this wonderful solid-food experience about 10 minutes ago might be enough to change them back...you're welcome to thank me for not including a photo of that little milestone :)

3 comments:

"The Landlord" said...

So Cute!

Spendy said...

I'm gonna love reading your blog! I've missed your whit, you 24-hour dairy cow! :)

Amanda said...

Funny :)